PowerPoint presentations are widely used across industries, and one of the powerful tools that can influence your audience. In this present age of media, it is vital to provide the presentations in as many media formats, as possible. Saving the PowerPoint presentation as a video adds more life to the static design elements. The stunning PowerPoint videos can be shared across varied devices, making it more user-friendly.
In this digital age of high-speed internet connectivity, accessibility across digital gadgets makes it convenient to share the information among masses instantly. The growing demand for easy to access and shareability, creates an environment wherein media files occupy the major share, in creating awareness and publicity among common public. PowerPoint presentations can be converted into different other formats, including videos, media formats. Once converted, the videos can be shared easily including the social media. PowerPoint has features for embedding the video.
Advantages of converting PowerPoint Slides to Videos:
- Video conversion takes less time compared to any other converters
- We could as well trim and add required voice-over at ease more like a one-stop solution than toggling between different software
- Can be accessed by the receiver using other digital gadgets that work well with video files.
- Video file formats are convenient and can be uploaded to YouTube, websites, email, social media posts as well for internal and external training sessions
- Once converted, PowerPoint videos can be played on Smart TV like devices too.
- Video has more reach and easy to understand
- Saving the PowerPoint as video offers more opportunities when it comes to sharing information on your product, service, or for training.
- Once converted, the video is easily accessible for all, even without the Microsoft Office app.
- Videos can be written on CD and Flash Drives and can be easily distributed. Sharing, uploading in social media, accessing via smartphones, wearable devices, and other digital gadgets can be done more conveniently.
Turn your presentation into a video:
PowerPoint to Video on Windows
A) Converting PowerPoint 2007 version to video using 2010 version
- After you update your Microsoft Office suite to 2010 or later, open your PowerPoint 2007 presentation. Enable the “Edit” option after launching.
- Move mouse to the “File” menu option on the top-left corner and then click it.
- Select the “Export” option on the drop-down menu.
- Click the “Create a Video” option. Then 2 drop-down options appear.
- In the first drop-down box, select output video quality: Computer & HD Displays, Internet & DVD, and Portable Devices.
- In the 2nd pane, set Recorded Timings and Narrations if you need (optional).
- In “seconds to spend on each slide” box, set the time duration. And then click the “Create Video” button.
- In the “Save As” pop-up menu, set output directory and file name, choose WMV or MP4 in the “Save as Type”, and finally click the “Save” button to start to convert PowerPoint 2007 into video format.
B) Converting PowerPoint 2007 version to video using Movie Maker
- If you don’t have access to the latest PowerPoint versions, you can still convert into video using Windows Movie Maker
- Open your presentation and save each slide as image files in jpg format.
- Open Windows Movie Maker and import all the jpg images of slides you converted
- The transition from slide to slide needs to be added manually.
- Animation would not come because you saved slides into static image files.
- You can add narration file separately into the Windows Movie Maker if you have any.
C) Step by step guide to convert PowerPoint to video in PowerPoint 2010
- Open the PPT file you want to convert into the video.
- Form the main menu select the file button and click on Save & Send.
- From the menu displayed select Create a Video.
- To make changes to quality and size select Computer & HD Display option.
- Click on Create Video and save it on the name of your choice.
The video will be ready.
D) Step by Step Guide to convert PPTx into Video in PowerPoint 2013
- Open the presentation file you want to convert.
- Select File from the home menu.
- Click on the Export option in the opened menu.
- Select the Export option it will expand from the expanded list select create a video.
- Click on the Computer and HD Display option to customize the quality and size of the video.
- You can also add narration by selecting Use Recorded Timing and Narrations.
- From the Create Video button save the file using the Save As option.
- Give the appropriate file name and select the file type depending on your choice.
- Depending on the size of your pptx, your video will be ready in a few seconds to a few minutes.
PowerPoint 2013 version:
PowerPoint 2013 and newer versions can save your presentation as either an MPEG-4 video file (.mp4) or a .wmv file. Both formats are widely supported and can be streamed over the internet. It has option to Save as type, in which options like PowerPoint Show, PowerPoint Macro-Enabled Show, MPEG-4 video and Windows media video are available for ready to use. PowerPoint 2013 supports the file formats like .pptx, .pptm, .ppt, .pdf,. xps, .potx, .potm, .thmx, .ppsx, .ppsm, .pps, .ppam, .ppa, .xml, .mp4, wmv, .gif, .jpg, .png, .tif, .bmp, .wmf, .emf, .rtf and .odp.
D) Extracting files or objects from a PowerPoint file
If you want to separately use files or objects from a PowerPoint presentation, such as videos, photos, or sounds, you can extract them by converting the presentation to a “zipped” file folder.
E) File Formats
You can save PowerPoint 2007 files, so they can be opened in presentation applications that use the OpenDocument Presentation format, such as Google Docs and OpenOffice.org Impress.
F) Save your audio clip or video as a separate file
If you want to separately save the audio or video file, Right-Click the audio icon or video frame, and click Save Media as and save it in a different name, in another location
G) Trim a video
- In Normal view, select the video frame on the slide. Once the video is selected, a Video Tools section appears on the toolbar ribbon, and it has two tabs: Format and Playback.
- On the ribbon, under Video Tools, on the Playback tab, click Trim Video
- To determine where you want to trim your video footage, in the Trim Video dialog box, press the Play button.
- When you reach the point where you want to make the cut, press the Pause button.
- You can use the Next Frame and Previous Frame buttons to fine-tune the location for a marker.
H) Burn your presentation to a disc
- Open Windows DVD Maker or another third-party DVD authoring software.
- Click Choose Photos and Videos.
- Click Add items.
- Browse your file system to locate and select your newly created slideshow video file and click Add.
- Select the appropriate DVD burner and provide a DVD title.
- Insert a blank writable DVD into the DVD drive you selected and click Next.
- Click Preview.
- To start the DVD burning process, click Burn
I) Saving in Mac:
- Click on the File Menu
- Click Export
- Under the File Format drop-down menu, select MP4 or MOV
- Select your video quality and timing
- Click Export
- Depending on the size of your presentation, your video will be ready in a few seconds to a few minutes.