Clear and professional presentation of your company’s brand gives you that marketing edge over your competitors. A PowerPoint Style Guide helps to keep consistency and save your brand image. Many feel that using a style guide is extremely cumbersome. Some are not even aware style guide and how it is being utilized to build brand image. It is essential to use the PowerPoint style guides to create a consistent outlook on the company brand image.
What is a style guide?
- A style guide is a classification of rules or guides that needs to be followed consistently.
- The goal of using a PowerPoint style guide is to provide consistent visual design across all materials created by a company.
- The elaborate style guide of a company helps to create a consistent look and feel applied across all applications and platforms.
Why style guide avoided?
- Feel it is a cumbersome process.
- Feel content is king, ignoring the significance of consistent styles.
- Feel that formatting as per style guide – Extra job involving a lot of time.
- Lack of understanding about the importance of a style guide.
- Lack of understanding of best practices / right usage of a style guide.
Pitfalls of not using a style guide
- Inconsistent – Myriad colors, fonts of all sizes and shapes, icons all over the slides.
- Marketing failure – Online or Offline content not meeting brand identity.
- Unmatched designs – Designs that do not meet the style guide of branding.
- Multiple layouts & design elements – Creates many diversions and confusions.
- Designer producing the best creative designs – Customers still feel not connected to the brand.
- Lack of professionalism and authenticity – Not following a consistent style approach.
- Losing a visual connection to brand identity – Consumers’ attention gets diverted.
If your company already has a style guide, it should be referred to and followed by everyone. If you hire a design agency, they should follow the style guide consistently. If you do not have a style guide, the design agency should build it from the scratch.
Elements of a PowerPoint style guide
- Color palette
- Arrows and Shapes
- Fonts – Typeface size and use of font colors
- Rules for logo and use of colors
- PowerPoint template layout examples or options
Importance of using a style guide
Branding is building an identity for your company. Be it a sales pitch or a company profile, a PowerPoint presentation is a key visual entry point. PowerPoint and branding should go hand in hand. PowerPoint presentations that resonate with the branding style guide, educate your audience about your brand. It helps them relate and remember your company instantly.
- Gives your brand a personality of its own.
- Helps retain and enhance brand identity with consumers.
- Brand building is crucial – Style guide plays a key role in building the brand image.
- Company’s branding strategy, unique value proposition – Reflected inconsistent style.
- Maintain a universal code of standards – Online & Offline platforms.
- Maintain consistency across documents, sticking to a particular style.
- Encourage the best practice to follow the style guide consistently – Building brand identity.
Corporate PowerPoint Templates rank high when it comes to branding. We give below a few pointers in building a business PowerPoint template.
A high-definition image of your company’s logo on every slide of the presentation deck creates a strong branding impression. It should be strategically placed and visible on big screens. Place your logo in your PowerPoint template.
Have your own brand colors to build the brand identity and brand image. If brand colors available, then stick to those colors in the PowerPoint presentations. Use those colors consistently in every online and offline content. Match color theme to match the brand colors. If not, picking the colors from the company logo is the wisest and easiest choice.
Chose a font family for your brand and use it for the PowerPoint template. If you feel necessary, have a second option for the font family. The font should be visible enough during the presentation meeting. Decide the font size according to the size of your audience.
Keeping the right balance of logo, color, and font that goes with your branding helps you create a consistent PowerPoint presentation. Stick to the brand guidelines while creating the business PowerPoint presentation. The audience in a board meeting would be bored to view a presentation deck overloaded with graphics and animations. There should be the right balance of content and visual enhancement. The style guide helps to achieve this.
If a brand guide in place, then creating a PowerPoint style guide becomes easier. Logo, tone of the company, and various template style guides created focusing on applications. Big or small, any organization needs a style guide. Everything that a company represents is reflected through the style guide handbook.
Do you have a PowerPoint style guide for your company or organization?
Creating, designing, and delivering the best presentations, we have got your presentation needs covered. Reach out to us and we would love to help you create presentations that blend well with your brand guide and style guide!