Design repackaging tips for PowerPoint
In a changing business world, a designer needs to stay up to date with professional presentation trends. A consultant might prefer a simple, polished look for the presentation. A marketing head presenting a strategy to clients might want a design repackaging for a presentation with icons, imagery, and animation. Requirements vary a lot.
Every day our team processes hundreds of slides. We have discovered that corporate executives and management consultants need their slides cleaned up and formatted urgently. A professional crisp look aligned with their company brand is what they are looking for. A finished presentation delivered overnight is what every professional loves about Visual Sculptors!
It is essential to know the answers to the 5Ws namely Who, What, When, Where, and Why before a designer starts with How to design a slide deck. Every presentation deck is unique and needs that polished look. The audience, the content, and the latest design trends are but a few of the deciding factors.
The right level of design for the right slide brings in the much-needed WOW factor. In other words, the key is to understand the requirements of the scenario and the levels of PowerPoint Presentation design that it calls for. As presentation designers, defining the levels of presentation design helps us understand our customer’s requirements and design preferences.
Chose the design level
Take the first step – Choose the level that best fits your requirement. It is all about understanding the specific needs of a slide, knowing your or the customer’s preferences, and attending to them. From basic cleanup to creative design, there is more to designing PowerPoint than what meets the eye.
Level 1 design
In Level 1 our PowerPoint experts adhere to the style guide, re-do basic design elements, place existing icons. Each slide will go through Basic Formatting Quality Check.
- Encompasses all basic formatting and design repackaging.
- Formatting slides adhering to the style guide or company template.
- Icons, imagery, and single-step transitions are included at a basic level
- Understanding the main content and sticking to formatting basics.
- Slides – Clean-up and consistent look
- Redo the design layout on a few slides
- Imagery and/or icons to specific slides
- Sticking to the rules of a company template or style guide.
Every presentation receives our most popular service. We call it ‘Basic Formatting’. It is a standard of formatting that every professional management consultant needs. It is the cleanup applied as the foundation for every presentation.
You have the design and format set. You even have a few sample slides. You only need the rest of the deck to be formatted consistent with the template. You have a photo of a whiteboard or a page of a book or you have written your slides by hand on paper and you now need to convert them to PPT slides.
- Alignment check
- Consistency check
- Spacing check
- Adherence to company template
- Reducing file size if needed
Consultants do research and discuss their clients’ problems and market trends. They come up with solutions and present them as scenarios decks. It covers scenarios of each industry /problem area, current state, and proposed solutions. The slide decks are improved with images, icons, and simple animation.
Routine deliverables contain day-to-day tasks or activities. They could also comprise products for your customers or reports for your employees. So, these are decks that are regularly updated as and when project status changes. Such instances call for a change in layout or repackaging of these slides. They will need to fit in with the rest of the deck while still making way for the design repackage.
Level 2 design
Let Visual Sculptors Team transform your presentation. Our team of certified PowerPoint experts brings an overall design makeover to your deck. We know how to design within your brand to create an impactful visual identity. We make design magic happen in the context of your style guide by re-doing design elements, build transitions, and edit icons and graphics.
Executive summary decks
The executive summary deck of a business proposal highlights every aspect of a project. It creates the best impression in the customer’s minds. So, it must be very clear and compelling. These decks require overall design makeover to turn into stunning slides.
- Want to add additional design ideas to your existing slides
- You want your slides to have the look and feel of an infographic.
- You have a deck that tells a story using multiple steps of animations and/or transitions.
Most business organizations and marketing consultants use field decks to guide their clients when launching any new campaigns or products. Such decks contain information about products and related business data. If the field decks will be used as a client-facing deck in the future, it is preferred to have a visual makeover to improve visibility and reach. The design treatment you choose to give to a deck depends on the content and audience.
Level 3 design
Aesthetic design improvement
We love to take up your creative assignment. We will discuss your content and creative ideas to come up with aesthetic designs that speak for itself. We research, brainstorm, ideate, storyboard. This process allows us to co-create through an iterative process with our customers.
Creative design requirements
- You have an idea or a story, but you are unsure how you can visualize that idea so that you can present it to the team or to your clients.
- You have a concept, and you need to convert it into visual storytelling.
- You have some facts that need to be translated into an infographic.
- You do not have a Corporate PowerPoint template and you need a well-formed brand guide for your company to use for all business presentations.
- Eye-catching images that blend and convey the message
- Images that stick to the brain – Lasting impression
- Animation – Narrating a visual storyline
- Presenting the information and stories visually
Level 1 decks may not always be a fit for presenting to your boss or customers for the final nod. For such instances, we suggest you choose Level 2 or 3 presentations design. Preference for styles and designs may vary from customer to customer. We leave it to our customers to choose the levels of presentation design needed after giving them the options.
Do you have to share with us on types of decks? We would love to hear from you.
Creating, designing, and delivering the best presentations, we have got your presentation needs covered. Reach out to us and we would love to help you create presentations that you will remember forever!